Sunday, July 6, 2014

INTRODUCING - FROM NEW ZEALAND

ACTOR, MODEL AND MUSICIAN

SAMANTHA BECA




1   Please tell us a little bit about your background;

    A:     I am eighteen years old and am from New Zealand. I grew up in Wellington and attended Raumati South School, Waikanae School and Paraparaumu College. I am currently attending Whitireia where I am studying Social Science. I am part Maori, American and English.


2   You are an actor, model and musician. Have you always wanted to be in entertainment or did you aspire to be something else when you were growing up?

      A:        I have wanted to be an actress and musician since I was little. I loved performing and still do. With modelling it wasn't until I was fifteen/sixteen years old that I started wanting to be a model.


3   Is anyone else in your family and/or relatives in entertainment?           

     A:          None of my family is in the entertainment business.


4    Have you had formal training in all your skills?

      A:         I took drama at Paraparaumu College for four years but I haven't had any training in music or modelling.


5   Are you professionally managed or do you represent yourself?

      A:           I recently signed up to Starnow.co.nz but I represent myself.


6   As an actor, what have you appeared in?

     A:           I haven't appeared in anything as I have only just started trying to pursue my dreams. I have done a couple of plays in high school and I did a 'Mary Poppins' show when I was little for ballet so that was dance and acting.


7   As a model, what have you appeared in?

     A:             I did modelling when I was little but nothing big. I've only just started pursuing modelling. My dad had to have a photo shoot for a New Zealand magazine and I got to have my pictures taken too, the photographer had been a photographer for some of the 'Harry Potter' cast and Tyra Banks so it was an amazing experience.


8   As a musician, what instrument/s do you play?

     A:            I don't play instruments as I only sing but I wanting to learn how to play the guitar and piano.


9   What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

    A:      I enjoy singing, dancing and acting. I enjoy hanging out with my family, friends and boyfriend. I love going to the beach and I also love reading.


10   Have you worked alongside any well-known names?

        A:       No but hopefully in the future I will have.


11    Have you ever been bullied?

        A:       When I was little (six/seven years old) I was but that was the only time.


12    Whether you have been bullied or not, do you feel that the governments and schools around the world are doing enough to try to combat this problem?

        A:         I feel like some countries and schools are but what they are doing isn't enough. Bullying seems to be taken lightly and a problem that can be brushed aside but it shouldn't be. People need to take a stand and actually stop bullying instead of just having a "talk" with the bully and thinking that's enough.


13     What further do you feel the above should do to either decrease this act hugely, or eliminate it altogether?

       A:      Governments and schools need to be a bit harder on the bully, make sure that when bullies, bully that they are actually punished for their actions instead of getting suspended or getting a talk because the bully doesn't see that as a punishment - they just brush it off and carry on. Also if bullying is seen in public or in schools, whoever is watching should try and stop it. People should be able to stop it without feeling like they are the next ones going to be targeted.


14     On a personal level, what would you like to do to help in the fight against bullying?

         A:       I would like there to be awareness out there and if I see it happening, I will stop it straight away. I want to be someone that if a victim is being bullied then they can come and talk to me and I can help them out.


15      What advice would you give someone who is suffering through this nightmare at the moment?

          A:       Stand up for yourself, I know it's such a hard thing to do but you will feel so much better. If the bully sees that they are not affecting you as much as they thought they were they will eventually go away. Also talk to someone you trust so that the person that is bullying you can be stopped. Don't ever feel like you're the only one going through something like this because trust me, you aren't. It will get better.


16     What is on your professional agenda for the rest of 2014?

         A:         Acting, singing and modelling will be on my agenda for the rest of 2014 because I want to achieve my dreams so I need to keep on expanding my portfolio. 


17     Have you done many media interviews? 

         A:          No I haven't.


18     Is there anything further you would like to add?

         A:          No, I have said everything that I have wanted to say.


19    Do you have a special message you would like to share with the world?

        A:          Never give up on your dreams no matter how big they are. Because you will get there one day.

LINKS

      StarNow

  


No comments:

Post a Comment