Sunday, July 6, 2014

FROM QLD PLEASE WELCOME ACTRESS, MODEL & MUSICIAN...
ANYIETH KUOTZ




1                    1      Please tell us a little bit about your background:

    A:     I  am Anyieth Kuotz. I enjoy exploring the depth of creativity and overall entertainment. In the past I have done many different things - like travelling to Egypt, Dubai, Uganda, Singapore and revisiting my home in South Sudan. I have seen so much beauty and diversity in our world that it stirs my passion. However I have also witnessed firsthand pain and heartache. Recently a life changing event made me realise I need to use my God given gifts of bringing joy and creativity to others for a better good. By life changing I mean really heart breaking situations. When I was on vacation in South Sudan end of last year, a civil war had broken out. For most it may seem like an ‘over there’ kind of situation but it was literally outside my home. As those bullets attacked and those screams echoed all I could think of was:  ‘Did I even change lives or was I just another human’ and I knew I had to do more if I made it… so here I am doing all I can to make a difference.

2                       
                     2         You  are an actor.  Have you always wanted to be an entertainer or did you aspire to be something else when you were growing up?

    A:          Yes I am an actress. Growing up I was always forced into doing things that required the other side of my brain. I come from a family that has been through a lot and has many cultural boundaries that I always feared contradicting. So I was always forcing myself to change to try and please others by taking more ‘educational’ roots. This made me unhappy. At my primary school graduation the MC called out my name and stated that I should be an entertainer - that I always made people laugh and was one of the friendliest students. I was stoked - I thought I was socially awkward and many acquaintances. On the ride home I was in tears as my mother didn’t take it so positively she wanted them to say future doctor or something like that.


3          3   Is anyone else in your family and/or relatives in entertainment?

     A:        No. I am the first.  Once again my family has a huge wall up and are against my choices in becoming an actress - hence my choice to be a journalism and business student at university.
4     

4   Are you professionally trained as an actor?

   A:           I have done heaps of different acting in the past and I’d say my ‘teachers’ knew what they were saying - however not by an actual person who gets paid to give guidance. However I am excited about this season as I am finally taking steps in becoming a full time actress and entertainer.   



5          5   What have you appeared in?

      A:       Haha! Only at public community events - nowhere too major. But one can only hope. Plus I have only just kicked off two months ago! I have done some modelling for Mr and Miss Africa Queensland and for the upcoming African fashion show. You have to start somewhere and modelling has been a great place to get more audience.


6           6     Have you worked alongside any well-known names?


    A:        Not yet in the acting field. But - wow - I hope I get to work with Alfonso Cuarón, Baz Luhrmann, Jason Reitman, and James Cameron - these are just a few of the many amazing ones.


7          7        Are you professionally managed or do you represent yourself?
  
           A:         At the moment it’s me, myself and I. Which I am fine with for the moment as I have achieved so much in so little time!



8           8      Who and/or what are your inspirations?

       A:              I love classical movies and that’s where I get most of my inspiration. Mainly James Dean, Audrey Hepburn and of course Marilyn Monroe. But if I was to pick out of the many amazing ones excelling today I would say Anne Hathaway, Angelina Jolie, Leonardo De Capriccio and Will Smith.



9            9      What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

           A:                I eat and write my deep thoughts haha. But I love writing so I mainly write down things that I am thinking or fictional characters.



10          10    Have you ever been a victim of bullying?

           A:                Yes. During my early years of primary and secondary school.



11        11  Whether you have been bullied or not, do you feel that the governments and schools w/w are doing enough to try to combat this problem?

          A:               No I don’t believe they are doing enough. I say this because on my newsfeed I always see signs of bullying and school fights being videoed. I think it’s disgusting. It would be amazing to see more anti-bulling camps/campaigns.



12      On a personal level, what would you like to do to help in the fight against bullying? 

         A:           Bullying has affected my life. And I would hate for others to go through the same situation. As I mentioned ealier I love being creative and exploring me. So I would start something like a camp for the troubled children that are the bullies. This would be a positive camp where children are to focus on positivity, change, and forgiveness. 
 


13      13     What advice would you give to someone who is going through this nightmare at the moment?

      A:    Keep your head up, those people who bully and hurt you are probably more insecure then you are. Lashing out is not the best way to deal with it and neither is self-harm. People will find reasons to hate anyone. No matter how perfect you are there is always going to be someone that holds a grudge. Take it easy. Get some advice from friends and family. See your school counsellor or shrink. Life can drag you into darkness and take it from you. I tried to commit suicide because of bullying. Now I realise that seasons change and life gets better. Focus on those who care and love you.



14   14    What is on your work agenda for the rest of 2014?

A:        Get some more amazing opportunities to make it. I want to become somebody that can be remembered for doing something that is worthy - 2014 is a year of stepping stones and one can only dream of the big future that is now.



15         Do you have a special message you would like to share with the world? 


         A:      Yes I do. No matter where you're from or who you are there is always a way to make your dreams come true. A few years back my family had nothing. I had nothing. Today I am a university student trying to juggle two lives. I believe that if you try and aren’t afraid of falling and failing you will eventually reach your goal. Don’t believe me - look at Einstein! All in all keep your chin up and reach for the stars baby.





No comments:

Post a Comment