Sunday, March 2, 2014






PLEASE MEET ANOTHER MULTI-TALENTED YOUNG ENTERTAINER - 

ROYA The DESTROYA



1                   Please tell us a little bit about your background.

                A:   Throughout the years, I have participated in many fitness related activities, some being cheerleading (stunt and poms), break dancing, indoor soccer, circus, rhythmic and artistic gymnastics. Dance and movement is in my blood, flesh and bones! I wouldn't be abe to stop even if I wanted to.


2              Have you always wanted to be in entertainment or did you want to be something else when younger?

    A:  Always!  Although I have tried a different path; school, study at University, graduate with an Architectural Engineering Degree, completing post-graduate studies in project management but somehow I just keep getting drawn back to my ultimate true passion! Even to this day, I have always wanted to be a professional performer and showcase my abilities to the world! Maybe even run away with the circus...


3                   Are any of your family members or relatives in ‘showbiz’?

     A:   Not that I know of - although my little 5 year old cutie pie of a cousin does ballet performances, does that count? haha Everyone else is missing out! I always drag them out to come watch. I'm very lucky to have a supportive family :P



4                   You are a model, actor and dancer.  Are you formally trained in all these?

    A:  No, mainly do dancing and performing.  I would love to break the stereotype of beautiful actors and models looking for a specific way.  I believe happy people are the most beautiful people.  I'd like to see a fashion show incorporating people with and without disabilities.  Also I am always up for trying new, different and similar avenues.  You never know where an opportunity can lead you.


5                   What have you acted in, TV and/or stage?

     A:  I wasn't acting but I have been on Channel 10:   'The Project', 'Totally Wild', AFL Grand Final footyskit on Channel 9 and a a gymnastics victoria doco on SBS.


6                   What have you danced in

        A:  Supported the RunLikeCrazy Marathon, Australia Day Voyages Concert at Federation Square, performance for International Day of People with Disability, Knox Festival, music clip for 'Kingswood's 'Sucker Punch'benefit performance at the Palace Hotel, Order of Melbourne and detention centres, performed on stage at the Her Majesty's Theatre (the largest theatre I have performed in), Melbourne fringe festival performances as well as entering local, interstate and international break dancing competitions and more!


7                     What sort of dancing do you do?

      A:    Break dancing, crutch dancing and acrobatic handstand movements!


8                  What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

     A:   Spending time with my friends and family (including the puppy!)


9                   Have you ever been bullied?

    A:  Looking back now, I can see it being considered as bullying although I never considered it as bullying at the time.


10                 Whether you have been bullied or not, do you feel that the governments and schools around the world are doing enough to try to combat this problem?

    A:   We are lucky here in Australia to have many policies and procedures including health professionals available but I believe more can always be done.


11                   What more do you feel the above could do to try to either decrease this act hugely or eliminate it altogether?

        A:  I don't believe it can ever be eliminated. To a degree, I believe it can help shape people become stronger human beings. However I do believe it can be addressed at a more personal level as well as the formal process.


12                On a personal level, is there anything you would like to do to help with the fight against bullying?

      A:   Generally support people that are putting in the extra effort in making bullying more aware to the world such as this blog!


13                   Are you professionally managed or do you represent yourself?

      A:   Me, myself and I!


14                   What is on the agenda for 2014?

    A:  - Developing my business; 'Destroya Training'!
I offer personal training services here, from strength and conditioning body weight sessions, to learning how to do handstands the best way with technique. I incorporate all my past experiences in sports, fitness and movements with my gymnastics coaching accreditation and make workout plans suitable to people's goals and needs.


Please like my '
Destroya Training' page: 




- I would also love to perform as much as I can, wherever I can and inspire everywhere possible!  Obviously, Cirque Du Soleil 
would be the ultimate jackpot!


15                  Do you have a special message you would like to share with the world?

      A:  Having a positive outlook on life, commitment, and self motivation are keys to making whatever you want to achieve happen. Just keep going, keep moving forward no matter what tries to pull you back and give it all you got!


16                   Is there anything further you would like to add?

       A:    School in general is a struggle for many people but know there is SO much more to look forward to once you finish.


17                   Do you have any professional links you would like to have included?

Yes please!

My website:
www.theroya.com
My facebook page:
www.facebook.com/roya.the.destroya
My business page:
www.facebook.com/destroyatraining
My YouTube Channel:
www.youtube.com/rooyyyaaaa
My Instagram:
www.instagram.com/the_roya

Thank you so much for this opportunity. What you do is awesome! I wish you the best in achieving success and reducing bullying for everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment