Friday, March 28, 2014

INTRODUCING THE VERY LOVELY AND TALENTED UK MODEL, ACTRESS, MUSICIAN - AND MORE - 
SAMIRA MOHAMED ALI






1        Please tell us tell us a little bit about your background; 

         A:        I am an actress working on two feature films currently in the UK , one in the States and one in Bollywood - I was a former Bands and commercial Model.



2       Have you always wanted to be an entertainer or did you want to do something else                   when younger?


        A:             I thought my career path was to become a TV presenter and I worked on many great presenting jobs - working and interviewing Ruby Wax, Rankin (Royal Family Photographer), John Barnes etc.... but I got given an opportunity to have a small role in a movie and ended up landing lead role so it all went from there in my acting career.





3       Are any of your family members or relatives entertainers?


        A:               My cousin is a rap star in Dubai and a really great break-dancer and my brother has a very witty, dry, funny, quick personality - he could become a great comedian.  But other than that no.


4        You are a model, actor, musician, dancer and photographer. Have you had formal                         training in all these skills?


         A:               I was a model and still do a small amount of modelling but with limited time I am just concentrating on my acting career - I had no training - had great feedback saying my emotions and acting is raw and real so I'm glad I didn't have the formal training  - but I do wish I had speech training to have a range of accents as I can only do my own accent which is strong Welsh accent.



5        Who and what have you modelled for?


        A                 Euros Disney in France, Redken and Aveda the hair product, Druian and Spektor Celebrity Dental Practice,  Jennifer Lopez Launch Event in London - lots more......




6       Have you acted in any major productions or TV shows? And have you worked with any              big names?




        A:                  I have worked on 'Molly Crows' - it's a small Indie production but had amazing reviews and won Best Drama in Portobello Film Festival and Moscow Film Festival.
I have just signed for Dr Who largest Fun Funded Production on the States so watch this space!




7       What sort of dancing do you enjoy?


         A:                   I love Bollywood dancing 



8        Who and/or what are your inspirations?


         A:                    I adore strong business people who are creative and not afraid to make it happen Simon Cowell, Richard Branson , Alan Sugar.    
But my main inspiration is my mum and family - they keep me positive, give me confidence and are my main support and what I need to make it in this industry.





9   Are you professionally managed or do you represent yourself?

       A:                   I have an amazing manager and team:   www.tanabi.co.uk - they are incredible and not a sit down manager - he works very hard and believes in me 100%.  I am so grateful to be managed by such a wonderful team and company.  I am in the middle of having conversations for a USA Film/TV agent to add to my team.



10  What do you enjoy doing in your ‘spare’ time?


       A:               Sleeping.  Any free time I catch up on my sleep, spend time with my beautiful dogs, catch up for dinner with my family and friends - just catch up on social time,.



11   Have you ever been bullied?


       A:              I had an incident which I was very young - about 10 years old and it was 2 girls who decided to stab me with pencils - I got taken to hospital as they made me bleed.  Children can be very cruel.  




12   Whether you have been bullied or not, do you feel that the governments and schools world wide are doing enough to try to combat this problem?


        A:      Absolutely - I feel there is more pressure on children these days - it's more materialistic if you don't have the latest phone or the trendiest trainers then you are instantly a target.  I personally would like there to be a education training programme for children to realise this is not how you should treat others.  The governments need to look at this closely.  Where I live in South Wales we had a problem in Bridgend with a large number of teenage suicides - I believe this was down to bullying.



13    What more do you feel that the above could do to either try to decrease this problem hugely or eliminate it altogether?


       A:            It's just educating and having a support network or group/charity that is accessible and known for the victims to come talk to and for them to gain strengh through this.



14     On a personal level, is there anything you would like to do to help battle bullying?


         A:           Yes it is one of my goals - if I can make a difference in helping others to understand this is a huge issue - I have an idea for a Anti Bullying Programme.



15    What is on the agenda for 2014?


        A:          -   4 x movies; 
                     -    signing a USA Agent;
                     -    producing 2 x movies;
                     -    my own lingerie and bikini line (launch).





16   Do you have a special message you would like to share with the world?


       A:           Just love life - whatever you are going through I feel it's for you to learn from and grow and strengthen you as a person - be positive and see the light at the end of the tunnel if times are tough!


17   Do you have any links you would like to include with this interview?



www.samiramohamedali.co.uk


 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment