Monday, January 13, 2014

PLEASE WELCOME THE AMAZING - MULTI-TALENTED

MICHELLE  QUIN




1     Please tell us a little bit about your background:

       A:   I started in the TV industry working for part of Channel Nine - VTC corp - I left when 9 months pregnant to have a baby.

When my daughter was an infant I did part- time work with Melbourne production companies.  I met my original business partner at a function for my daughter’s college Melbourne Girls Grammar school where her daughter was also a student.  Carolyn was originally a television producer in London together we started and set up the Casting Couch in 1989.


2     Have you always wanted to be in the entertainment industry?

       A:   I originally studied to be a nurse, my mother was a Bio Chemist and many of my cousins were doctors, my mother believed this would be a good solid job for me, although I was easily persuaded against this idea, my friend at the time made the comment “ you’ll  look terrible in those  nurses shoes” I had skinny legs!!!!  So I decided I’d go to Business College with her, she also said that from there we could work in advertising, which far more exiting that was being a nurse.  Although many times over the years I think I would have enjoyed a career in the medical field.


3    You are a company director, a casting director and producer.  Is there anything else you can add to this already impressive list?

      A:  I am a company director, although these days I prefer to state I work  freelance, I did have 5 staff at one time, although my accountant advised me at the time to work more effectively by employing casual staff on a job to job basis so I’ve been working this way for a number of years.

I am a Casting Director and have been for over 20 years.  I teach children and adults audition skills and have also taught workshops for various acting schools.  I’ve also done corporate training.


4    Is anyone in your family or among your relations in the entertainment industry?

      A:  My father was in fact in the entertainment industry - he was a professional musician.  We always had entertainers at our home and my father often practised his music during the day, although he was also a professional golfer.




5    Do you have professional management or do you represent yourself?

      A:  I have never had professional management - I don’t enjoy self- promotion so to have someone who was to promote my services would be a bonus and I’m sure would create more ongoing casting work.


6    You would have worked alongside some very big names in the industry.  Can you tell us a little about that please?

      A:  I have worked with a number of people who have since become very successful and quite big name stars in my career.  I have been asked previously would I have known they would have gone on to such success and my answer would have been yes …I knew they were special.


7    Have you been bullied?

      A:  Fortunately I have never been bullied.


8    Whether you have been bullied or not, do you feel that the governments and schools worldwide are doing enough to try to combat this problem?

     A:  No I don’t believe that the government or schools or even the social media sites (that I’m told have a lot of instances of bullying on them) do sufficient to combat this problem.


9   What more do you feel that the above could do to try to either combat this problem around the world, or eliminate it altogether?

     A:  I’m not sure how the schools or the government could overcome this problem,  but perhaps with strict rules with punishment and/ or fines and more social awareness, they could at least bring attention to this problem.

I think it’s so difficult for the child who is being bullied to report it because they are fearful, in many instances the bullies blackmail with threats; consequently they get away with the bullying because they have nothing to lose.  From my understanding there is the lack of set punishments or fines in place, perhaps if it was made it punishable by law to bully, the bullies may think twice before bullying innocent victims.


10   Do you do a lot of charity work as well?

       A:  No I don’t do a lot of charity work, although I did volunteer to do some event co-ordination for one of the large charities.


11  What is on the agenda for 2014?

       A:  More casting work and also some corporate training.


12  Do you have a message you would like to impart to the world?

      A:  There is wisdom that comes with age


13  Is there anything further you would like to add?

       A:  No. 




No comments:

Post a Comment