Saturday, December 14, 2013

PLEASE  WELCOME  - SINGER/SONGWRITER

JOELEEN





1        Please tell us a little about your background.

          A:  I was born in London (UK) and grew up in (South Wales) and     when I was 16 I returned to London to study the arts.


2        Have you always enjoyed music?

         A:   Ever since I was a little girl, I was always singing around the    house and my Mother used to record me while I was singing. I        still remember those moments very clearly. My Mother would          have liked to have had a Singing Career, but unfortunately it          was not considered a real job in those days and her Mother did      not allow her to do so.




3        Is anyone else in your family in the entertainment industry?

         A:   I have an uncle that was a dancer - he danced in a                  'BeeGee' video, he also did a very well known show in the UK          called the Royal Variety Show, where the Queen of England        was also present, He has danced in many projects that                  involved celebrities.


4       You have also danced.  Please tell us a little about that.

      A:   I started ballet when I was seven and modern jazz when  I     was thirteen, and studied up until I was nineteen.


5       You have won some prestigious scholarships – we would like to hear about this too, please.
  
A:  The academy that I auditioned for, is very well known in Great Britain, and not everyone gets chosen. Actually at the time if I remember correctly, only seventy got chosen out of seven thousand.  I was very lucky and I did not think I was going to get in, seeing as a week had passed before I got the good news - I was beginning to have doubts.  But thank God it went well and seeing as it was a prestigious school, the Council of Swansea (South Wales) kindly gave me a scholarship.


6        Have you ever been bullied?

           A:  Yes, I did get a few that bullied me at school and my Mother      taught me to defend for myself and then strangely enough the        bullying stopped.  But I do remember suffering alot - and I feel        very deeply for children and people that get bullied.


7        Whether you have been bullied or not, do you feel that the governments and schools worldwide are doing enough to try to combat this act?
   
    A:  Definitely not - otherwise all of this bullying would not be going on.


8        What more do you feel they could be doing?

A:    Well firstly the headmasters and teachers should be putting a stop to all of this.  At times I hear stories that they don’t even lift a finger to help stop these things from happening.

          There should be more discipline and severity in the schools             and generally in our society.


9        Do you write and sing your own lyrics?

         A:   Yes - I happily do. I started writing my first songs at the age           of twelve and I have been singing since the age of four.


10     Have you worked with many celebrities through any of your talents?

   A:   Well, at the moment I have just recorded a Christmas single that I wrote called “Get Close To You” and it is a duet with the legendary Chris James, also known at the time as Ollan C Bell. Former singer from the famous group, that were out in the 60’s - “The Natural Four”.




11    Who and/or what are your inspirations?

         A:  I have had quite a few inspirations throughout the years, ranging from Luther Vandross, Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin and Barbara Streisand.


12    What is next in the pipeline for Joeleen?

           A:  I think its a new CD.


13    What are your hopes for the future, both near and far, for your career?

          A:   I would like the opportunity for my music to get heard by a global audience.


14    Do you have a message that you would like to impart to the world?   

     A:  Yes - that LOVE will always defeat HATE.


Links:

     Website
        FaceBook
        To Purchase CD:    'Welcome to My World'  - Itunes
                                                                                           Amazon
      MySpace
      Amazon                                                  
      iTunes       Christmas Single:  'Get Close to You'
      YouTube - Christmas Single:  'Get Close to You'




No comments:

Post a Comment